WHAT IS CAPSTONE?
The Capstone Leadership Initiative is a faith-based movement serving Arsenal Tech High School students to develop servant-leaders from within our city. We believe Indianapolis’ future leaders are within our urban neighborhoods.
We develop leadership characteristics of students by:
- Discovering a future vision!
- Preparing for the future!
- Identifying personal identity!
- Developing healthy community!
- Unleashing opportunities!
Ultimately the Capstone Leadership Initiative is for students who have a dream or vision for their lives and know they need help realizing that vision. At Capstone, we’re advocates and agents to help our students build bridges to the future. We focus on developing leadership attributes in the present in all areas of their lives and exploring matters of faith along the journey.
401 East Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Mentors provide relational context to the Capstone Leadership students. To reinforce weekly teaching, to build an authentic Christ sharing relationship where leadership skills are developed for the sake of leading within their school and neighborhood.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING MENTOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CLASS OF 2018.
Students at Capstone are encouraged and developed to serve their families, neighbors and community. Our students experience incredible opportunities to grow towards the dreams and vision the Lord has for them! We hope each student will make for a well-rounded, better developed and prepared community leader. Each student will experience one-to-one mentoring, team building, weekly cohort training called “family time”, and much much more.
Who are the types of students we are looking for? We are looking for F.A.T.G. students. Students who will be faithful, available, teachable and grateful for the opportunities being presented.
- Connecting students with mentors. Each student will have access to 1:1 mentoring matches with trusted adults in life.
- Our weekly family time. During our weekly after school family time every Tuesday from 2:30-4:30, we facilitate each area of development either on site together with a guest speaker and curriculum or through visiting a host site to experience what they have already been learning.
- Special experiences and opportunities. Through incentives, students can earn quarterly trips and annual retreats to help foster growth and experiential learning.
Capstone students are guides in six key areas that make for a well-rounded, better developed and prepared community leader. (Adopted from Thriving Cities.)
The True- Human knowledge and learning.
The Good- Social mores and ethics.
The Beautiful- Aesthetics, design and the arts.
The Prosperous- Economic life.
The Just and Well-Ordered- Political and civil affairs.
The Sustainable- Natural and physical health.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERS
We are grateful for the many organizations who help us or directly partner with to help Arsenal Tech students strive toward their dreams!
If you are interested in partnering with our organization, please complete the form below. If you'd like to support Capstone financially, click here.