WHAT IS CAPSTONE?
The Capstone Leadership Initiative is a faith-based movement for Arsenal Tech High School students to develop lifelong servant-leaders. A partnership of Indy Metro Church, YFC CityLife, Connection Pointe Church, CityMosaic, business partners and individuals, we believe our city’s inner city students have the potential to be Indianapolis’ future leaders. We believe in the potential for deep change in an Indianapolis urban neighborhood through the raising of indigenous leaders from within that community.
Ultimately the Capstone Leadership Initiative is for students who have a dream or vision for their lives and know they need help realizing that vision. At Capstone, we’re advocates and agents to help our students build bridges to the future. We focus on developing leadership attributes in the present in all areas of their lives and exploring matters of faith along the journey.
We develop student leaders by:
- Discovering a future vision!
- Preparing for the future!
- Identifying personal identity!
- Developing healthy community!
- Unleashing opportunities!
1641 E Michigan St,
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Mentors provide relational context to the Capstone Leadership students. To reinforce weekly teaching, to build an authentic Christ sharing relationship where leadership skills are developed for the sake of leading within their school and neighborhood.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING MENTOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CLASS OF 2018.
Students at Capstone will be empowered and developed to change their community for Christ. Capstone students will be guided in five key areas that we call the 5 Essentials and will make for a well-rounded, better developed and prepared community leader. Each student will experience one-to-one mentoring, team building, weekly cohort training, and more.
Who are the types of students we are looking for? We are looking for F.A.T.G. students. Students who will be faithful, available, teachable and grateful for the opportunities being presented.
Capstone has three primary components in our leadership development process.
- Each student will have access to 1:1 mentoring matches in trusted adult relationships available to meet 2x month. This is optional at the choice of the students.
- During our weekly after school family time every Tuesday from 2:30-4:30, we facilitate each area of development either on site together with a guest speaker and curriculum or through visiting a host site to experience what they have already been learning.
- Through an incentive system, students can earn quarterly trips and annual retreats to help foster their growth and provide experiential learning.
Capstone students will be guided in five key areas that we call the 5 Essentials and will make for a well-rounded, better developed and prepared community leader.
- Financial literacy- We develop our students to have the ability to understand how money works in the world. How to earn it, manage it, how to invest it, how to give it, how to to use it and not be used by it.
- Basic health and safety- We develop our students to know the essentials in personal health, wellness and decision making to impact their own safety and that of those around them.
- Civic literacy- We develop our students with the knowledge of how to actively participate and initiate change in their community and the greater society. Effectively to be a great citizen and most effectively love and serve their city and neighborhood well.
- Educational success- We develop our students to value educational success, grow in their own educational goals and develop the tools to be lifelong learners.
- Spiritual and moral literacy- We develop our students to know themselves, to love themselves, and to lead themselves from a impactful growing relationship with God.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERS
Indy Metro Church is an urban church helping people know and follow Jesus in Indianapolis. Launched by Heartland Church and Heart of the City in September 2006, Indy Metro Church holds weekly Sunday gatherings in the Athenaeum Theater in downtown Indianapolis
For more information about Indy Metro Church, CLICK HERE.
City Life is a relational, holistic, community based ministry that desires to see deep change in an urban neighborhood through the raising of indigenous leaders from the young people in that community. The need for the gospel in urban areas is strong. Teens need to know Jesus and they need to see His reflection where they live, learn and play. By immersing ourselves in the daily lives of teens we become an integral part of their community. We challenge teens to do the same.
For more information about City Life, CLICK HERE.
Connection Pointe is a unique, multigenerational church with an extraordinary vision for the future. Worship services are creative and relevant to today's issues. People connect through small groups that offer authentic relationships and serve in the church, community and around the globe.
For more information about Connection Pointe, CLICK HERE.